Every parent likes to save some money. Here are FREE or inexpensive activities in the Peoria Area.
- Fondulac Farm Park: FREE Admission on Tuesdays. Feed cones are 50 cents
- Forest Park Nature Center: Hike the trails and visit the critters at the nature center. Donations are always appreciated
- Movies: Willow Knolls 14 has $1 Kids Summer Movies Mon-Fri at 10am. Outdoor Family Flicks at Glen Oak Park Amphitheatre on Mondays at dusk for 50 cents/person. For other inexpensive movies, read our Discount Summer Movies blog
- Library Fun: Your local library has fantastic free programs. Plus, you can check out books to read!
- Local Playgrounds: All kids love a playground! Grandview Drive Park, Glen Oak Park (behind the future Peoria PlayHouse), Detweiller Park (near the Dogwood Shelter) have fantastic shaded playgrounds.
- Splash Pads: Cool down at your local park splash pads like at Washington's Harry LaHood Park or Chillicothe's Santa Fe Park Splash Pad. The Gateway Fountain at the Peoria Riverfront is also fun!
- Northmoor Observatory: Stargaze with the kids on clear Saturday nights at the observatory.